When adding contacts for the Students, there are 3 different options:
- Parents or Guardians: These contacts are the primary or secondary parent in the household, whether it is biological, foster parents, or guardians.
- Other Emergency Contacts: These contacts are those that are not the parents/guardians in the household but emergency contacts for the family that is approved to pick up or drop-off the child, and/or emergency contacts.
- Additional Authorized Pickup: These contacts exist in other families but are also authorized to pick up the children in the current family.
This article will guide you through the steps of how to add additional authorized pickups for the family, who are contacts from other families. This allows the contact to use one PIN for students from both families rather than having two or three different PINs per each family that they're permitted to pick up or drop off the students.
1. Start by accessing a Family recording in the Additional Authorized Pickups section --> Select Add Pickup
2. A pop-up will open to enter the Family ID where the additional authorized pickups exist in
3. Once a Family ID is entered, all contacts from that family will be listed
4. Select the contact who is permitted to pick up the students in the current family --> Select Link
5. Once done, this contact will be listed as the Additional Authorized Pickup for all students in this Family and the students in the Family where the contact belonged to.
TIP: If this contact information needs to be updated, their information cannot be updated in the current family but they will need to be updated in whichever family they belong to. You may select the contact's name to open the family where they belonged for updating their information as needed
6. If this contact is no longer permitted to pick up or drop-off children from this family, simply select the trash icon to remove the linkage.