There are various scenarios in which a provider may need to be inactivated or terminated within CareConnect. This process involves either temporarily deactivating a provider or permanently removing them.
Inactivating a Provider:
- Choose to "Inactivate" a provider if they plan to temporarily pause child care services or take a break. This option maintains the link between the agency and provider but temporarily hides the provider when creating schedules and applying filters.
- To initiate this action, navigate to your Admin module and locate the provider in the provider list. On the right-hand side, click the "Inactivate" icon in the Action column. This ensures that the provider is temporarily inactive, but the option to reactivate them remains for future use.
Removing a Provider:
- Opt for "Remove" if a provider will no longer provide child care services permanently. This action completely severs the link between the agency and provider.
- To remove a provider, access your Admin module and locate the provider in the provider list. Click the "Remove" icon in the Action column on the right-hand side. This will permanently remove the provider from your CareConnect account.
- Voiding Payments: Ensure any pending or leftover generated payments for the provider are manually voided. This step is crucial to prevent unintended submissions from inactive or removed providers. Payments are independent of the provider-agency linkage, necessitating manual voiding even after inactivation or removal.
By following these steps, you can effectively manage provider statuses within CareConnect based on their service availability.