When enrolling state-funded families, you may need to assess a family fee amount based on the approved enrollment schedule of the student(s) as well as family size and income.
This article will guide you through the steps to Assess Family Fees for the Entire Fiscal Year in two parts:
A. Enter Family Income
1. To assess the monthly fee amount to a family, the family record should be populated with all member information and the enrolled child's schedule creation.
2. Within the Family Profile → Eligibility → Family tab, locate the Family Income section. Select the + Add Income
3. Populate the start month of the income and the end month. In the row labeled Monthly Income, populate the manually calculated monthly income amount, or select the Income Calculator Tool icon to enter paystub amounts.
If you'd like to use the Income Calculator Tool, the page expands and you will select to enter either +Wages or +Other Incomes.
If selecting +Wages, populate the new window with payment details, select Calculate and Save. Use the + icon to add a new Pay Date row to add multiple pay date entries. Click on +Wages again to repeat the process of adding a new wage.
If selecting +Other Incomes, populate the new window with payment details, select Calculate and Save. Click on +Other Incomes again to repeat the process to add other income.
4. As soon as you enter the Family Size, the Part Time and Full Time fee amounts will auto-populate.
As a reference, the Income eligibility ceilings will appear for your convenience. Click Save to save the information entered.
|Note: When you need to repeat this process to add a new family income, please make sure to specify an End Date to the current entry so that you avoid overlapping family income.
B. Assessing Family Fee
Now that you've entered the Family Income information and determined the designated Full time and Part time fees, you will now need to assess the family fee based on a student's schedule. This will provide you with month per month rate of the family fee.
1. In the Family Fee section, select +Add Family Fee.
2. Populate the desired Fiscal Year.
3. From here, select Generate to have CareConnect auto-calculate based on a student's schedule.
You can filter through any active or inactive schedule that is contained within the fiscal year selected. Choose the student/schedule you wish to assess and click Done.
|Note: To make sure that CareConnect is assessing the family fees correctly, please review the student's schedule, care calendar, and part-time and full-time fees.
Alternatively, you can manually edit this information by selecting the student, billing program, and whether the rate is Full Time or Part Time for the appropriate month.
4. Click Save. The Family Fee section will populate with the selected field entries:
|Note: The CareConnect team will notify all users by email with any necessary instructions for updates when new family fee grids are published.
If you wish to create a plan for CareConnect to send invoices to families about their Family Fees, please see the following link: CareConnect Enterprise - How to set up a Family Fee Billing Plan