I swapped the primary parent as a secondary parent, how can I fix it? Do I have to re-enter them both again to assign them to the correct type?
You can reassign the parent as the primary parent. If you already have both parents entered, you will need to:
- Move the primary parent to "Other Contact" first
- Change the secondary parent to "Parent A" after
- Then change the other contact to "Parent B".
Follow the steps below for more details.
1. Select the student that you want to exchange the primary and secondary parents.
2. Click on the pencil icon to edit primary parent information.
3. Under the Responsibility section, switch the current parent to Other contact.
4. Then locate and change desired primary parent's responsibility to Parent A.
TIPS: This is technically a 3-way switch between the parents' responsibility. From Parent A -> Other Contact, then Parent B -> Parent A and lastly Other Contact -> Parent B.
5. The result now the secondary parent is changed to primary.
6. Lastly, you need to follow the same step above to change the parent under Other Contact to Parent B.
7. The below image is the swapped assignment for the primary parent and secondary parent.