When a student is no longer attending your program, there are a couple of steps necessary to remove them from your CareConnect account, please see the below information for a step-by-step guide on how to remove a student from your roster.
A. Contact your Child Care Agency if the student is appearing in your Subsidies Tab
If students appear inside of your Subsidies Tab, it means your Child Care Agency has not terminated care with that family yet, and they are still authorized to receive Care with you. Often times this can lead to having less enrollment than you are capable of, or simply just a more full list than who is actually attending. Your Child Care Agency is responsible for maintaining the list of students in your Subsidies Tab
B. Set the student's Schedule and Status to Inactive with an end date
CareConnect automatically creates an account for families who are enrolled with your Child Care Agency, so if you choose to use Contactless Attendance for your Time Sheets, they are able to have a PIN created and be signed in and out by their guardians. When a student leaves your program, you have to set their profile to Inactive to remove them from your CareConnect
1. Open your Students Tab inside of CareConnect
2. Click on the name of the student you wish to remove
3. Click on Schedule to the right of the Personal Info Section
4. Click the Pencil icon to edit
5. Set the valid dates for the student
Note: Please make sure that the end date selected is an earlier day than the current day
6. Now, make sure to click Save when finished
7. CareConnect will remove the student from your Attendance Module as soon as the next overnight job occurs. Only then, the student will be removed from your Attendance Module.
Doing the steps above will automatically set the Student's status as inactive for the next day but If you need to remove the student right away, please set the Student Status and Schedule Status to "Inactive".
Click Edit in the Personal Info tab and change the Student's status from Active to Inactive
Make sure to click Save when finished
4. Click on Schedule to the right of the Personal Info Section
5. Click the Pencil icon to edit
Now, change the Schedule status from Active to Inactive and make sure to click Save when finished
That Student has been successfully removed from your Roster!